Saddle Fit Evaluations
Our Saddle Fit Philosophy
As proud member of Saddlefit 4 Life® (S4L), we are very dedicated in following the S4L philosophy, including the 80-point saddle fit diagnostic evaluation. Find out how well you saddle fits you and your horse in this comprehensive evaluation. Your on-site personal assessment includes dynamic and static measurements, assessments, and analyses of horse, rider and saddle. This will help you to ride in a saddle, fitted for optimal comfort and freedom to allow healthy back movement.
55 Points to Horse
Measurements using the wither gauge and Arc Device™ include: length of saddle support area (SSA), width of spine, symmetry and size of shoulders, height, width and size of withers, musculature; shoulder blade angle and width; width and curvature of the back; signs of stress and sensitivity – to name a few. Optional Diagnostic Measurement tools are available upon requests.
25 Points to Rider
Assessment includes fit of your current saddle, your gender and build, seat size, flap length, flap angle, seat depth and support, position, balance and level of comfort. Various measurements and ratios are considered – upper leg, lower leg, hip, thigh height, weight, training level of horse and rider to name a few.
Our Diagnostic Procedure
- Dynamic assessment of: saddle, dust pattern, riding, equine behaviours, movement and position, before and after adjustment.
- Static assessment and measurements of: tree integrity, condition of billets, stitches and leather, saddle pad, saddle length, billet position, gullet width, vertical and horizontal panels and saddle support area (SSA) of the horse.
- Demo saddles or your own saddles are adjusted to the horse’s conformation for the rider to experience the ‘wow’ feeling of optimal fit during the ride analysis.
- The proper fit of your bridle (snaffle or double bridle) is extremely important to ensure you to bypass the facial nerves. Material, length, shape and style place a huge role in comfort and performance of your horse.
Each Certified Equine and Saddle Ergonomist is trained by a team of instructors and certified by Jochen Schleese, CMS, CSFT, CSE. We maintain our leadership in the industry with the highest standards for diagnostic evaluation worldwide and require professional re-certification every two years.
- Evaluation: $159.00 per horse.
- Tree Adjustment: $125.00 (Schleese and limited brands – please inquire)
- Re-flocking: $140.00
- Schleese Service Bundle: $354.00 for all three services.